Ride Weekend Information
The Ride for AIDS Chicago is committed to providing participants with the best cycling experience possible. Whether riding 100 or 200 miles, or crewing along the route, we guarantee a safe and rewarding experience—and the knowledge that you're making a measurable difference in Chicago's LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS communities.
Below you'll find details to help you prepare for the 2017 Ride.
Riders, Crew, and Volunteers, the 2017 participant guide outlines details for everything you need to know to take part.
Ride with GPS Route
View the live route through Ride with GPS:
To save the route to your phone:
- Download the Ride with GPS app
- Click on route link above, open in RideWithGPS app
- Click on "pin," the gear icon, or the "more options" icon (column of 3 dots)—navigation varies on iOS and device
- Click "Pin"
To access a saved route:
- Click on "left arrow" icon in upper left corner
- Click on navigation menu icon (3 stacked lines in upper left)
- Click "Pinned."· Route will be available there, with any updates
Printed cue sheets will be included in your registration material, and distributed upon check-in each day. RFAC recommends Riders use the printed cues to save phone battery for emergency situations.
RFAC begins and ends in Evanston, with a stop over at Lutherdale Camp on Saturday night.
- Saturday morning, Opening Ceremonies: Chandler Park, 1028 Central St, Evanston, IL 60201
- Saturday night: Lutherdale Camp, N7891 US Highway 12, Elkhorn, WI 53121
- Sunday, Closing Ceremonies: Leahy Park, 1100 Lincoln St, Evanston, IL 60201
Route Map & Cheering Stations
Friends and family and encouraged to take part in the Ride for AIDS by meeting participants at pit stops or designated cheering stations. Share this map with supports and let them know where to go to cheer you on.
Note: this map is not intended for navigational use by Riders or Crew along the route.
Have questions? Don't hesitate to reach out: email Gary or call: 773-989-9400.